February 4, 2019
1. “Girls are powerful and need to embrace it every day. If you are interested in participating in a girl’s empowerment group, pick up a flyer in the office. You will learn about the impact of kindness and other issues that girls deal with on the daily!”
2. If parents were unable to attend the College Credit Plus (CCP) meeting, another session will be held at Firelands BGSU on Tuesday, February 19th at 6:00pm in Room 163.
3. All parents of eighth grade students planning to attend Huron High School, are invited to an Information Night on Tuesday, February 12th at 6:30pm in the McCormick Auditorium. Huron High School Counselors will provide an overview of the Course Planning Guide and Scheduling Process for the 2019-20 School Year.
4. Parent-Teacher conferences are on February 19th from 5pm-8pm and on February 21st from 3pm-7pm. Parents should call the office to schedule a conference time.
5. Attention Student Council members, we will meet TODAY in Mrs. Rowen's room 207 during 8th grade lunch. All members are expected to attend.
6. REMINDER to those students who received an invitation to apply for membership in McCormick Junior Honor Society, REMEMBER, the final turn-in due date for your Student Activities Information Form and Essay is THIS Friday, February 8th.
7. This Friday, Brandon Case, Dietary and EVS GM from SODEXO, will be our Future Friday’s presenter. Students are reminded to check in with study hall and wait to be called to the auditorium.
8. At the Huron Public Library: Tuesday, February 5th is Game Night starting at 6pm. This Game Night features the game Ancestree.
Wednesday, February 6th is Euchre Night at the Library starting at 6pm.
If you are feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed, come to the Library for our Teen Talk program on Friday, February 8th where you can speak to a professional teen counselor for free.
Saturday, February 9th is Erie County Library Makers Day celebrating makers and creativity of all sorts. Stop by the Huron Public Library for a chance to create a Valentine Make-and-Take craft, warm up with some hot chocolate at our Hot Chocolate Bar, and then see what makes your Library unique!
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2019