HURON HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2015
1. Congratulations to the Lady Tiger golf team as they were crowned
sectional champions for the 2nd year in a row. Leading the way was
Kylie Greulich with a 76, Julia Hippely with a 85, Rachel Stadler with a
91 and Caitlyn McNulty with a 101. They will be defending their
district crown next Monday in Findlay.
2. Did you know October is Breast Cancer
Awareness Month? For a $1 donation you can buy a football during lunch
on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, to honor someone you know who has been
diagnosed with breast cancer. All footballs will hang in the cafeteria
for the month of October to commemorate our loved ones. Crucial Catch
will donate all proceeds to cancer research. Together we can make a
3. If you will have turned 18 by Nov. 3,
you can now register to vote. Forms are due one month before the
election, so please see Mrs. Merckens in room 206 for a registration
form and return it by Friday, October 2.
4. Attention Juniors and Seniors who want to be members of National Honor
Society: If you received notification that you are eligible to apply for
NHS, please turn in your completed, word-processed application to the
guidance office by 2:50 today.
5. Attention all Juniors planning on going on the class trip to Washington
D.C. There will be a mandatory meeting for you and your parents to
attend tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
6. Girls interested in basketball, Coach Phillips will be holding an open gym from 10 am to noon on Sunday, 10/4/15.
7. Attention anyone who missed out on ordering a 2014-2015 yearbook from
last year. Jostens has sent us an extra box of books. If you are
interested in purchasing a book, bring a check to the office for $65,
made out to Huron High School.
2016 ESPY SCHOLARSHIP - Opportunity for $2,500 scholarship, free trip to the 2016 ESPYS, and $3,500 for
your school. Sophomore, Junior and Senior student
athletes who feel they have raised the bar in their educational attainment,
community engagement, and demonstration of team will be considered. More information is available in the
Guidance office. Criteria must be
attained from OCTOBER 1, 2015 – JUNE 1, 2016. DEADLINE TO REGISTER
IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2015. Stop in Guidance with any questions.
New scholarship: ABBOTT and FENNER – scholarship award of $1,000.
Any interested high school Juniors or Seniors must submit an essay on
the topic that appears on their website http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm. More information is available in the
Guidance office. DEADLINE is JUNE 10, 2016.
all students who are taking a Bowling Green class 2nd semester at
Firelands or HHS but are not currently taking one this Fall: You must
RE-APPLY to BGSU Firelands on their website. You will not be able to
take a Spring College Credit Plus Course if you do not re-apply. Your
deadline for all applications is Friday Nov. 13th.
10. The Teen Library Council at the Huron Public Library will meet on Sunday, October 4 at 2 pm.
Members are reminded to bring their personal planners/calendars for
library programming scheduling. The group will also set a date for the
TLC Halloween Party.
11. Presale tickets for Friday's football game at Margaretta are on sale in the office for $5. All tickets at the gate will be $6.
12. Any student interested in taking the PSAT test on October 14th are to sign up in the Guidance department by Thursday, October 8th. The cost is $15. Preferred payment would be with a check or money order.
13. Ripcho Studio will be here for retakes of underclassmen on Tuesday, October 20th.
14. Lunch today is a meatball sub or a toasted pizza sub. Starting Thursday, October 1, there will be no charging of extras. You must have money on your account to buy extras!.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Parent-Teacher Conferences 5-8pm